Dote Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DoteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To be weak-minded, silly, or idiotic; to have the intellect impaired, especially by age, so that the mind wanders or wavers; to drivel.
- (n.) An imbecile; a dotard.
- (v. i.) To be excessively or foolishly fond; to love to excess; to be weakly affectionate; -- with on or upon; as, the mother dotes on her child.
- (v. i.) To act foolishly.
- (n.) A marriage portion. [Obs.] See 1st Dot, n.
- (n.) Natural endowments.
• DoterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who dotes; a man whose understanding is enfeebled by age; a dotard.
- (n.) One excessively fond, or weak in love.