Doubting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DoubtingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Doubt
- (a.) That is uncertain; that distrusts or hesitates; having doubts.
• DoubtDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive of.
- (v. i.) To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive.
- (v. i.) Suspicion; fear; apprehension; dread.
- (v. i.) To waver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything; to hesitate in belief; to be undecided as to the truth of the negative or the affirmative proposition; to b e undetermined.
- (v. i.) Difficulty expressed or urged for solution; point unsettled; objection.
- (v. i.) Uncertainty of condition.
- (v. t.) To fill with fear; to affright.
- (v. i.) A fluctuation of mind arising from defect of knowledge or evidence; uncertainty of judgment or mind; unsettled state of opinion concerning the reality of an event, or the truth of an assertion, etc.; hesitation.
- (v. t.) To question or hold questionable; to withhold assent to; to hesitate to believe, or to be inclined not to believe; to withhold confidence from; to distrust; as, I have heard the story, but I doubt the truth of it.