Downward Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DownwardDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Tending to a lower condition or state; depressed; dejected; as, downward thoughts.
- (a.) Moving or extending from a higher to a lower place; tending toward the earth or its center, or toward a lower level; declivous.
- (a.) Descending from a head, origin, or source; as, a downward line of descent.
- (adv.) Alt. of Downwards
• DownwardsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) From a remote time; from an ancestor or predecessor; from one to another in a descending line.
- (adv.) From a higher place to a lower; in a descending course; as, to tend, move, roll, look, or take root, downward or downwards.
- (adv.) From a higher to a lower condition; toward misery, humility, disgrace, or ruin.