Dredge Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DredgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any instrument used to gather or take by dragging; as: (a) A dragnet for taking up oysters, etc., from their beds. (b) A dredging machine. (c) An iron frame, with a fine net attached, used in collecting animals living at the bottom of the sea.
- (v. t.) To sift or sprinkle flour, etc., on, as on roasting meat.
- (n.) Very fine mineral matter held in suspension in water.
- (v. t.) To catch or gather with a dredge; to deepen with a dredging machine.
- (n.) A mixture of oats and barley.
• DredgedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dredge
• DredgerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who fishes with a dredge.
- (n.) A dredging machine.
- (n.) A box with holes in its lid; -- used for sprinkling flour, as on meat or a breadboard; -- called also dredging box, drudger, and drudging box.