Dulling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DullingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dull
• DullDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To deprive of sharpness of edge or point.
- (superl.) Slow of understanding; wanting readiness of apprehension; stupid; doltish; blockish.
- (v. i.) To become dull or stupid.
- (superl.) Slow in action; sluggish; unready; awkward.
- (superl.) Not bright or clear to the eye; wanting in liveliness of color or luster; not vivid; obscure; dim; as, a dull fire or lamp; a dull red or yellow; a dull mirror.
- (v. t.) To render dim or obscure; to sully; to tarnish.
- (superl.) Furnishing little delight, spirit, or variety; uninteresting; tedious; cheerless; gloomy; melancholy; depressing; as, a dull story or sermon; a dull occupation or period; hence, cloudy; overcast; as, a dull day.
- (superl.) Insensible; unfeeling.
- (superl.) Heavy; gross; cloggy; insensible; spiritless; lifeless; inert.
- (v. t.) To deprive of liveliness or activity; to render heavy; to make inert; to depress; to weary; to sadden.
- (superl.) Not keen in edge or point; lacking sharpness; blunt.
- (v. t.) To make dull, stupid, or sluggish; to stupefy, as the senses, the feelings, the perceptions, and the like.