Ebbing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EbbingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ebb
• EbbDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Receding; going out; falling; shallow; low.
- (v. i.) To return or fall back from a better to a worse state; to decline; to decay; to recede.
- (n.) The European bunting.
- (n.) The state or time of passing away; a falling from a better to a worse state; low state or condition; decline; decay.
- (v. i.) To flow back; to return, as the water of a tide toward the ocean; -- opposed to flow.
- (v. t.) To cause to flow back.
- (n.) The reflux or flowing back of the tide; the return of the tidal wave toward the sea; -- opposed to flood; as, the boats will go out on the ebb.