Echo Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EchoDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To repeat with assent; to respond; to adopt.
- (n.) Fig.: Sympathetic recognition; response; answer.
- (n.) A nymph, the daughter of Air and Earth, who, for love of Narcissus, pined away until nothing was left of her but her voice.
- (v. i.) To give an echo; to resound; to be sounded back; as, the hall echoed with acclamations.
- (n.) A wood or mountain nymph, regarded as repeating, and causing the reverberation of them.
- (v. t.) To send back (a sound); to repeat in sound; to reverberate.
- (n.) A sound reflected from an opposing surface and repeated to the ear of a listener; repercussion of sound; repetition of a sound.
- (n.) A signal, played in the same manner as a trump signal, made by a player who holds four or more trumps (or as played by some exactly three trumps) and whose partner has led trumps or signaled for trumps.
- (n.) A signal showing the number held of a plain suit when a high card in that suit is led by ones partner.
• EchometerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A graduated scale for measuring the duration of sounds, and determining their different, and the relation of their intervals.