Ecstasies Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EcstasiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Ecstasy
• EcstasyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A state which consists in total suspension of sensibility, of voluntary motion, and largely of mental power. The body is erect and inflexible; the pulsation and breathing are not affected.
- (n.) Excessive and overmastering joy or enthusiasm; rapture; enthusiastic delight.
- (n.) Violent distraction of mind; violent emotion; excessive grief of anxiety; insanity; madness.
- (n.) The state of being beside ones self or rapt out of ones self; a state in which the mind is elevated above the reach of ordinary impressions, as when under the influence of overpowering emotion; an extraordinary elevation of the spirit, as when the soul, unconscious of sensible objects, is supposed to contemplate heavenly mysteries.
- (v. t.) To fill ecstasy, or with rapture or enthusiasm.