Elected Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ElectedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Elect
• ElectDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One chosen or set apart.
- (a.) Chosen to an office, but not yet actually inducted into it; as, bishop elect; governor or mayor elect.
- (v. t.) To designate, choose, or select, as an object of mercy or favor.
- (n.) Those who are chosen for salvation.
- (v. t.) To select or take for an office; to select by vote; as, to elect a representative, a president, or a governor.
- (a.) Chosen as the object of mercy or divine favor; set apart to eternal life.
- (a.) Chosen; taken by preference from among two or more.
- (v. t.) To pick out; to select; to choose.