Election Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ElectionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Power of choosing; free will; liberty to choose or act.
- (a.) Divine choice; predestination of individuals as objects of mercy and salvation; -- one of the "five points" of Calvinism.
- (a.) Discriminating choice; discernment.
- (a.) The act of choosing a person to fill an office, or to membership in a society, as by ballot, uplifted hands, or viva voce; as, the election of a president or a mayor.
- (a.) The choice, made by a party, of two alternatives, by taking one of which, the chooser is excluded from the other.
- (a.) The act of choosing; choice; selection.
- (a.) Those who are elected.
• ElectioneerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To make interest for a candidate at an election; to use arts for securing the election of a candidate.