Elevate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ElevateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To raise from a depressed state; to animate; to cheer; as, to elevate the spirits.
- (v. t.) To bring from a lower place to a higher; to lift up; to raise; as, to elevate a weight, a flagstaff, etc.
- (v. t.) To exalt; to ennoble; to dignify; as, to elevate the mind or character.
- (v. t.) To lessen; to detract from; to disparage.
- (v. t.) To intoxicate in a slight degree; to render tipsy.
- (v. t.) To raise to a higher pitch, or to a greater degree of loudness; -- said of sounds; as, to elevate the voice.
- (a.) Elevated; raised aloft.
- (v. t.) To raise to a higher station; to promote; as, to elevate to an office, or to a high social position.
• ElevatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Elevate
- (a.) Uplifted; high; lofty; also, animated; noble; as, elevated thoughts.