Enamel Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EnamelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To disguise with cosmetics, as a womans complexion.
- (v. t.) The intensely hard calcified tissue entering into the composition of teeth. It merely covers the exposed parts of the teeth of man, but in many animals is intermixed in various ways with the dentine and cement.
- (v. t.) A variety of glass, used in ornament, to cover a surface, as of metal or pottery, and admitting of after decoration in color, or used itself for inlaying or application in varied colors.
- (v. t.) That which is enameled; also, any smooth, glossy surface, resembling enamel, especially if variegated.
- (a.) Relating to the art of enameling; as, enamel painting.
- (v. t.) To lay enamel upon; to decorate with enamel whether inlaid or painted.
- (v. t.) A glassy, opaque bead obtained by the blowpipe.
- (v. i.) To practice the art of enameling.
- (v. t.) To form a glossy surface like enamel upon; as, to enamel card paper; to enamel leather or cloth.
- (v. t.) To variegate with colors as if with enamel.
- (n.) Any one of various preparations for giving a smooth, glossy surface like that of enamel.
- (n.) A cosmetic intended to give the appearance of a smooth and beautiful complexion.
• EnamelingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Enamel
• EnameledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Coated or adorned with enamel; having a glossy or variegated surface; glazed.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Enamel