Encumber Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EncumberDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To impede the motion or action of, as with a burden; to retard with something superfluous; to weigh down; to obstruct or embarrass; as, his movements were encumbered by his mantle; his mind is encumbered with useless learning.
- (v. t.) To load with debts, or other legal claims; as, to encumber an estate with mortgages.
• EncumberedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Encumber