Engagement Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EngagementDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which engages; engrossing occupation; employment of the attention; obligation by pledge, promise, or contract; an enterprise embarked in; as, his engagements prevented his acceptance of any office.
- (n.) The state of being in gear; as, one part of a clutch is brought into engagement with the other part.
- (n.) An action; a fight; a battle.
- (n.) The state of being engaged, pledged or occupied; specif., a pledge to take some one as husband or wife.
- (n.) The act of engaging, pledging, enlisting, occupying, or entering into contest.