Engineering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EngineeringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Originally, the art of managing engines; in its modern and extended sense, the art and science by which the mechanical properties of matter are made useful to man in structures and machines; the occupation and work of an engineer.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Engineer
• EngineerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lay out or construct, as an engineer; to perform the work of an engineer on; as, to engineer a road.
- (n.) One who manages as engine, particularly a steam engine; an engine driver.
- (n.) One who carries through an enterprise by skillful or artful contrivance; an efficient manager.
- (n.) A person skilled in the principles and practice of any branch of engineering. See under Engineering, n.
- (v. t.) To use contrivance and effort for; to guide the course of; to manage; as, to engineer a bill through Congress.