Escheating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EscheatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Escheat
• EscheatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A writ, now abolished, to recover escheats from the person in possession.
- (v. t.) To forfeit.
- (n.) The reverting of real property to the State, as original and ultimate proprietor, by reason of a failure of persons legally entitled to hold the same.
- (n.) Lands which fall to the lord or the State by escheat.
- (v. i.) To revert, or become forfeited, to the lord, the crown, or the State, as lands by the failure of persons entitled to hold the same, or by forfeiture.
- (n.) The falling back or reversion of lands, by some casualty or accident, to the lord of the fee, in consequence of the extinction of the blood of the tenant, which may happen by his dying without heirs, and formerly might happen by corruption of blood, that is, by reason of a felony or attainder.
- (n.) That which falls to one; a reversion or return