Etiolate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EtiolateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to grow pale by disease or absence of light.
- (v. i.) To become white or whiter; to be whitened or blanched by excluding the light of the sun, as, plants.
- (v. i.) To become pale through disease or absence of light.
- (a.) Alt. of Etiolated
- (v. t.) To blanch; to bleach; to whiten by depriving of the suns rays.
• EtiolatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Etiolate
- (a.) Having a blanched or faded appearance, as birds inhabiting desert regions.