Evening Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EveningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The latter part and close of the day, and the beginning of darkness or night; properly, the decline of the day, or of the sum.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Even
- (n.) The latter portion, as of life; the declining period, as of strength or glory.
• EvenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To place in an equal state, as to obligation, or in a state in which nothing is due on either side; to balance, as accounts; to make quits.
- (v. i.) To be equal.
- (v. t.) To equal
- (n.) Evening. See Eve, n. 1.
- (a.) In an equal or precisely similar manner; equally; precisely; just; likewise; as well.
- (a.) As might not be expected; -- serving to introduce what is unexpected or less expected.
- (a.) Not odd; capable of division by two without a remainder; -- said of numbers; as, 4 and 10 are even numbers.
- (a.) Parallel; on a level; reaching the same limit.
- (a.) Associate; fellow; of the same condition.
- (a.) Equable; not easily ruffed or disturbed; calm; uniformly self-possessed; as, an even temper.
- (a.) At the very time; in the very case.
- (v. t.) To act up to; to keep pace with.
- (a.) Level, smooth, or equal in surface; not rough; free from irregularities; hence uniform in rate of motion of action; as, even ground; an even speed; an even course of conduct.
- (a.) Balanced; adjusted; fair; equitable; impartial; just to both side; owing nothing on either side; -- said of accounts, bargains, or persons indebted; as, our accounts are even; an even bargain.
- (v. t.) To set right; to complete.
- (a.) Up to, or down to, an unusual measure or level; so much as; fully; quite.
- (v. t.) To make even or level; to level; to lay smooth.
- (a.) Without an irregularity, flaw, or blemish; pure.
• EveneDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To happen.