Excite Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ExciteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To call forth or increase the vital activity of an organism, or any of its parts.
- (v. t.) To call to activity in any way; to rouse to feeling; to kindle to passionate emotion; to stir up to combined or general activity; as, to excite a person, the spirits, the passions; to excite a mutiny or insurrection; to excite heat by friction.
- (v. t.) To energize (an electro-magnet); to produce a magnetic field in; as, to excite a dynamo.
• ExcitementDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of exciting, or the state of being roused into action, or of having increased action; impulsion; agitation; as, an excitement of the people.
- (n.) A state of aroused or increased vital activity in an organism, or any of its organs or tissues.
- (n.) That which excites or rouses; that which moves, stirs, or induces action; a motive.