Expand Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ExpandDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause the particles or parts of to spread themselves or stand apart, thus increasing bulk without addition of substance; to make to occupy more space; to dilate; to distend; to extend every way; to enlarge; -- opposed to contract; as, to expand the chest; heat expands all bodies; to expand the sphere of benevolence.
- (v. i.) To become widely opened, spread apart, dilated, distended, or enlarged; as, flowers expand in the spring; metals expand by heat; the heart expands with joy.
- (v. t.) To lay open by extending; to open wide; to spread out; to diffuse; as, a flower expands its leaves.
- (v. t.) To state in enlarged form; to develop; as, to expand an equation. See Expansion, 5.
• ExpandedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Expand
• ExpanderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Anything which causes expansion esp. (Mech.) a tool for stretching open or expanding a tube, etc.