Extended Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ExtendedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Extend
• ExtendDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To enlarge, as a surface or volume; to expand; to spread; to amplify; as, to extend metal plates by hammering or rolling them.
- (v. t.) To bestow; to offer; to impart; to apply; as, to extend sympathy to the suffering.
- (v. t.) To enlarge; to widen; to carry out further; as, to extend the capacities, the sphere of usefulness, or commerce; to extend power or influence; to continue, as time; to lengthen; to prolong; as, to extend the time of payment or a season of trail.
- (v. t.) To stretch out; to prolong in space; to carry forward or continue in length; as, to extend a line in surveying; to extend a cord across the street.
- (v. t.) To hold out or reach forth, as the arm or hand.
- (v. t.) To value, as lands taken by a writ of extent in satisfaction of a debt; to assign by writ of extent.
- (v. t.) To increase in quantity by weakening or adulterating additions; as, to extend liquors.
• ExtendedlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In an extended manner.