Extorting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ExtortingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Extort
• ExtortDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. p. & a.) Extorted.
- (v. t.) To wrest from an unwilling person by physical force, menace, duress, torture, or any undue or illegal exercise of power or ingenuity; to wrench away (from); to tear away; to wring (from); to exact; as, to extort contributions from the vanquished; to extort confessions of guilt; to extort a promise; to extort payment of a debt.
- (v. i.) To practice extortion.
- (v. t.) To get by the offense of extortion. See Extortion, 2.