Fake Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FakeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To coil (a rope, line, or hawser), by winding alternately in opposite directions, in layers usually of zigzag or figure of eight form,, to prevent twisting when running out.
- (v. t.) To make; to construct; to do.
- (v. t.) To cheat; to swindle; to steal; to rob.
- (n.) A trick; a swindle.
- (n.) One of the circles or windings of a cable or hawser, as it lies in a coil; a single turn or coil.
- (v. t.) To manipulate fraudulently, so as to make an object appear better or other than it really is; as, to fake a bulldog, by burning his upper lip and thus artificially shortening it.
• FakerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who fakes something, as a thief, a peddler of petty things, a workman who dresses things up, etc.