Fancies Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FanciesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Fancy
• FancyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An image or representation of anything formed in the mind; conception; thought; idea; conceit.
- (v. t.) To have a fancy for; to like; to be pleased with, particularly on account of external appearance or manners.
- (n.) A sort of love song or light impromptu ballad.
- (v. t.) To believe without sufficient evidence; to imagine (something which is unreal).
- (n.) The faculty by which the mind forms an image or a representation of anything perceived before; the power of combining and modifying such objects into new pictures or images; the power of readily and happily creating and recalling such objects for the purpose of amusement, wit, or embellishment; imagination.
- (n.) An opinion or notion formed without much reflection; caprice; whim; impression.
- (a.) Adapted to please the fancy or taste; ornamental; as, fancy goods.
- (n.) Inclination; liking, formed by caprice rather than reason; as, to strike ones fancy; hence, the object of inclination or liking.
- (v. t.) To form a conception of; to portray in the mind; to imagine.
- (n.) That which pleases or entertains the taste or caprice without much use or value.
- (v. i.) To figure to ones self; to believe or imagine something without proof.
- (v. i.) To love.
- (a.) Extravagant; above real value.