Fang Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FangDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A projecting tooth or prong, as in a part of a lock, or the plate of a belt clamp, or the end of a tool, as a chisel, where it enters the handle.
- (a.) To catch; to seize, as with the teeth; to lay hold of; to gripe; to clutch.
- (a.) To enable to catch or tear; to furnish with fangs.
- (v. t.) A niche in the side of an adit or shaft, for an air course.
- (v. t.) The root, or one of the branches of the root, of a tooth. See Tooth.
- (v. t.) A bend or loop of a rope.
- (v. t.) Any shoot or other thing by which hold is taken.
- (v. t.) The valve of a pump box.
- (v. t.) The tusk of an animal, by which the prey is seized and held or torn; a long pointed tooth; esp., one of the usually erectile, venomous teeth of serpents. Also, one of the falcers of a spider.
• FangotDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A quantity of wares, as raw silk, etc., from one hundred weight.