Favoring Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FavoringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Favor
- (a.) That favors.
• FavorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of countenancing, or the condition of being countenanced, or regarded propitiously; support; promotion; befriending.
- (n.) To resemble in features; to have the aspect or looks of; as, the child favors his father.
- (n.) To regard with kindness; to support; to aid, or to have the disposition to aid, or to wish success to; to be propitious to; to countenance; to treat with consideration or tenderness; to show partiality or unfair bias towards.
- (n.) The object of regard; person or thing favored.
- (n.) Appearance; look; countenance; face.
- (n.) Mildness or mitigation of punishment; lenity.
- (n.) A letter or epistle; -- so called in civility or compliment; as, your favor of yesterday is received.
- (n.) Kind regard; propitious aspect; countenance; friendly disposition; kindness; good will.
- (n.) To afford advantages for success to; to facilitate; as, a weak place favored the entrance of the enemy.
- (n.) Love locks.
- (n.) A kind act or office; kindness done or granted; benevolence shown by word or deed; an act of grace or good will, as distinct from justice or remuneration.
- (n.) A gift or represent; something bestowed as an evidence of good will; a token of love; a knot of ribbons; something worn as a token of affection; as, a marriage favor is a bunch or knot of white ribbons or white flowers worn at a wedding.
- (n.) Partiality; bias.