Fetched Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FetchedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Fetch
• FetchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To reduce; to throw.
- (v. t.) To bring or get within reach by going; to reach; to arrive at; to attain; to reach by sailing.
- (n.) The apparation of a living person; a wraith.
- (v. t.) To bring to accomplishment; to achieve; to make; to perform, with certain objects; as, to fetch a compass; to fetch a leap; to fetch a sigh.
- (v. i.) To bring ones self; to make headway; to veer; as, to fetch about; to fetch to windward.
- (v. t.) To recall from a swoon; to revive; -- sometimes with to; as, to fetch a man to.
- (v. t.) To bear toward the person speaking, or the person or thing from whose point of view the action is contemplated; to go and bring; to get.
- (v. t.) To cause to come; to bring to a particular state.
- (n.) A stratagem by which a thing is indirectly brought to pass, or by which one thing seems intended and another is done; a trick; an artifice.
- (v. t.) To obtain as price or equivalent; to sell for.