Fiddle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FiddleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A rack or frame of bars connected by strings, to keep table furniture in place on the cabin table in bad weather.
- (v. i.) To keep the hands and fingers actively moving as a fiddler does; to move the hands and fingers restlessy or in busy idleness; to trifle.
- (v. t.) To play (a tune) on a fiddle.
- (n.) A kind of dock (Rumex pulcher) with fiddle-shaped leaves; -- called also fiddle dock.
- (v. i.) To play on a fiddle.
- (n.) A stringed instrument of music played with a bow; a violin; a kit.
• Fiddle-shapedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Inversely ovate, with a deep hollow on each side.