Filleting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FilletingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The material of which fillets are made; also, fillets, collectively.
- (n.) The protecting of a joint, as between roof and parapet wall, with mortar, or cement, where flashing is employed in better work.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fillet
• FilletDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any scantling smaller than a batten.
- (n.) A border of broad or narrow lines of color or gilt.
- (n.) The loins of a horse, beginning at the place where the hinder part of the saddle rests.
- (n.) A fascia; a band of fibers; applied esp. to certain bands of white matter in the brain.
- (n.) A piece of lean meat without bone; sometimes, a long strip rolled together and tied.
- (n.) The thread of a screw.
- (n.) A thin strip or ribbon; esp.: (a) A strip of metal from which coins are punched. (b) A strip of card clothing. (c) A thin projecting band or strip.
- (n.) A narrow flat member; especially, a flat molding separating other moldings; a reglet; also, the space between two flutings in a shaft. See Illust. of Base, and Column.
- (n.) A little band, especially one intended to encircle the hair of the head.
- (n.) An ordinary equaling in breadth one fourth of the chief, to the lowest portion of which it corresponds in position.
- (n.) A concave filling in of a reentrant angle where two surfaces meet, forming a rounded corner.
- (n.) The raised molding about the muzzle of a gun.
- (v. t.) To bind, furnish, or adorn with a fillet.