Flattering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FlatteringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Flatter
- (a.) That flatters (in the various senses of the verb); as, a flattering speech.
• FlatterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To treat with praise or blandishments; to gratify or attempt to gratify the self-love or vanity of, esp. by artful and interested commendation or attentions; to blandish; to cajole; to wheedle.
- (n.) One who, or that which, makes flat or flattens.
- (n.) A drawplate with a narrow, rectangular orifice, for drawing flat strips, as watch springs, etc.
- (v. t.) To raise hopes in; to encourage or favorable, but sometimes unfounded or deceitful, representations.
- (v. i.) To use flattery or insincere praise.
- (n.) A flat-faced fulling hammer.
- (v. t.) To portray too favorably; to give a too favorable idea of; as, his portrait flatters him.
• FlatteringlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) With flattery.