Flounced Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FlouncedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Flounce
• FlounceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To deck with a flounce or flounces; as, to flounce a petticoat or a frock.
- (v. i.) To throw the limbs and body one way and the other; to spring, turn, or twist with sudden effort or violence; to struggle, as a horse in mire; to flounder; to throw ones self with a jerk or spasm, often as in displeasure.
- (n.) The act of floucing; a sudden, jerking motion of the body.
- (n.) An ornamental appendage to the skirt of a womans dress, consisting of a strip gathered and sewed on by its upper edge around the skirt, and left hanging.