Folia Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FoliaDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Folium
• FoliaceousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Belonging to, or having the texture or nature of, a leaf; having leaves intermixed with flowers; as, a foliaceous spike.
- (a.) Consisting of leaves or thin laminae; having the form of a leaf or plate; as, foliaceous spar.
- (a.) Leaflike in form or mode of growth; as, a foliaceous coral.
• FoliatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Foliate
- (a.) Containing, or consisting of, foils; as, a foliated arch.
- (a.) Laminated, but restricted to the variety of laminated structure found in crystalline schist, as mica schist, etc.; schistose.
- (a.) Characterized by being separable into thin plates or folia; as, graphite has a foliated structure.
- (a.) Spread over with an amalgam of tin and quicksilver.
- (a.) Having leaves, or leaflike projections; as, a foliated shell.