Foots Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FootsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) The settlings of oil, molasses, etc., at the bottom of a barrel or hogshead.
• FootDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A combination of syllables consisting a metrical element of a verse, the syllables being formerly distinguished by their quantity or length, but in modern poetry by the accent.
- (v. t.) To tread; as, to foot the green.
- (v. t.) To renew the foot of, as of stocking.
- (v. i.) To walk; -- opposed to ride or fly.
- (n.) The lower edge of a sail.
- (n.) The lowest part or base; the ground part; the bottom, as of a mountain or column; also, the last of a row or series; the end or extremity, esp. if associated with inferiority; as, the foot of a hill; the foot of the procession; the foot of a class; the foot of the bed.
- (n.) The muscular locomotive organ of a mollusk. It is a median organ arising from the ventral region of body, often in the form of a flat disk, as in snails. See Illust. of Buccinum.
- (n.) Soldiers who march and fight on foot; the infantry, usually designated as the foot, in distinction from the cavalry.
- (v. t.) To sum up, as the numbers in a column; -- sometimes with up; as, to foot (or foot up) an account.
- (n.) The terminal part of the leg of man or an animal; esp., the part below the ankle or wrist; that part of an animal upon which it rests when standing, or moves. See Manus, and Pes.
- (v. t.) To set on foot; to establish; to land.
- (v. t.) The size or strike with the talon.
- (v. i.) To tread to measure or music; to dance; to trip; to skip.
- (v. t.) To kick with the foot; to spurn.
- (n.) Recognized condition; rank; footing; -- used only in the singular.
- (n.) Fundamental principle; basis; plan; -- used only in the singular.
- (n.) A measure of length equivalent to twelve inches; one third of a yard. See Yard.
- (n.) That which corresponds to the foot of a man or animal; as, the foot of a table; the foot of a stocking.
• FootstepDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The mark or impression of the foot; a track; hence, visible sign of a course pursued; token; mark; as, the footsteps of divine wisdom.
- (n.) An inclined plane under a hand printing press.