Forwarding Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ForwardingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forward
- (n.) The act of one who forwards; the act or occupation of transmitting merchandise or other property for others.
- (n.) The process of putting a book into its cover, and making it ready for the finisher.
• ForwardDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Near, or at the fore part; in advance of something else; as, the forward gun in a ship, or the forward ship in a fleet.
- (adv.) Alt. of Forwards
- (n.) An agreement; a covenant; a promise.
- (a.) Advanced beyond the usual degree; advanced for season; as, the grass is forward, or forward for the season; we have a forward spring.
- (v. t.) To send forward; to send toward the place of destination; to transmit; as, to forward a letter.
- (a.) Ready; prompt; strongly inclined; in an ill sense, overready; to hasty.
- (v. t.) To help onward; to advance; to promote; to accelerate; to quicken; to hasten; as, to forward the growth of a plant; to forward one in improvement.
- (a.) Ardent; eager; earnest; in an ill sense, less reserved or modest than is proper; bold; confident; as, the boy is too forward for his years.