Fossil Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FossilDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Like or pertaining to fossils; contained in rocks, whether petrified or not; as, fossil plants, shells.
- (n.) A person whose views and opinions are extremely antiquated; one whose sympathies are with a former time rather than with the present.
- (n.) A substance dug from the earth.
- (a.) Dug out of the earth; as, fossil coal; fossil salt.
- (n.) The remains of an animal or plant found in stratified rocks. Most fossils belong to extinct species, but many of the later ones belong to species still living.
• FossilizingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fossilize
• FossilistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who is versed in the science of fossils; a paleontologist.