Foundation Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FoundationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That upon which anything is founded; that on which anything stands, and by which it is supported; the lowest and supporting layer of a superstructure; groundwork; basis.
- (n.) The act of founding, fixing, establishing, or beginning to erect.
- (n.) A donation or legacy appropriated to support a charitable institution, and constituting a permanent fund; endowment.
- (n.) That which is founded, or established by endowment; an endowed institution or charity.
- (n.) The lowest and supporting part or member of a wall, including the base course (see Base course (a), under Base, n.) and footing courses; in a frame house, the whole substructure of masonry.
• FoundationerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who derives support from the funds or foundation of a college or school.