Foundering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FounderingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Founder
• FounderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To fall; to stumble and go lame, as a horse.
- (n.) A lameness in the foot of a horse, occasioned by inflammation; closh.
- (v. i.) To fail; to miscarry.
- (n.) One who founds, establishes, and erects; one who lays a foundation; an author; one from whom anything originates; one who endows.
- (v. t.) To cause internal inflammation and soreness in the feet or limbs of (a horse), so as to disable or lame him.
- (v. i.) To become filled with water, and sink, as a ship.
- (n.) One who founds; one who casts metals in various forms; a caster; as, a founder of cannon, bells, hardware, or types.
- (n.) An inflammatory fever of the body, or acute rheumatism; as, chest founder. See Chest ffounder.