Fraying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FrayingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fray
- (n.) The skin which a deer frays from his horns.
• FrayDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To frighten; to terrify; to alarm.
- (v. t.) To rub; to wear off, or wear into shreds, by rubbing; to fret, as cloth; as, a deer is said to fray her head.
- (n.) A fret or chafe, as in cloth; a place injured by rubbing.
- (v. t.) To bear the expense of; to defray.
- (n.) Affray; broil; contest; combat.
- (v. i.) To rub.
- (v. i.) To wear out or into shreads, or to suffer injury by rubbing, as when the threads of the warp or of the woof wear off so that the cross threads are loose; to ravel; as, the cloth frays badly.