Frow Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FrowDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Brittle.
- (n.) A cleaving tool with handle at right angles to the blade, for splitting cask staves and shingles from the block; a frower.
- (n.) A dirty woman; a slattern.
- (n.) A woman; especially, a Dutch or German woman.
• FrownDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any expression of displeasure; as, the frowns of Providence; the frowns of Fortune.
- (v. t.) To repress or repel by expressing displeasure or disapproval; to rebuke with a look; as, frown the impudent fellow into silence.
- (n.) A wrinkling of the face in displeasure, rebuke, etc.; a sour, severe, or stere look; a scowl.
- (v. i.) To manifest displeasure or disapprobation; to look with disfavor or threateningly; to lower; as, polite society frowns upon rudeness.
- (v. i.) To contract the brow in displeasure, severity, or sternness; to scowl; to put on a stern, grim, or surly look.