Ganging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GangingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Gange
• GangDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) A set; all required for an outfit; as, a new gang of stays.
- (v. i.) To go; to walk.
- (v. i.) A going; a course.
- (v. i.) A number going in company; hence, a company, or a number of persons associated for a particular purpose; a group of laborers under one foreman; a squad; as, a gang of sailors; a chain gang; a gang of thieves.
- (v. i.) A combination of similar implements arranged so as, by acting together, to save time or labor; a set; as, a gang of saws, or of plows.
- (v. i.) The mineral substance which incloses a vein; a matrix; a gangue.
• GangeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To attach (a fishhook) to a line or snell, as by knotting the line around the shank of the hook.
- (v. t.) To protect (the part of a line next a fishhook, or the hook itself) by winding it with wire.