Gape Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GapeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To open the mouth wide
- (v. i.) To long, wait eagerly, or cry aloud for something; -- with for, after, or at.
- (v. i.) Expressing a desire for food; as, young birds gape.
- (v. i.) To pen or part widely; to exhibit a gap, fissure, or hiatus.
- (n.) The act of gaping; a yawn.
- (v. i.) Indicating sleepiness or indifference; to yawn.
- (n.) The width of the mouth when opened, as of birds, fishes, etc.
• GapesingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Act of gazing about; sightseeing.