Garnished Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GarnishedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Garnish
• GarnishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To fit with fetters.
- (v. t.) A fee; specifically, in English jails, formerly an unauthorized fee demanded by the old prisoners of a newcomer.
- (v. t.) Fetters.
- (v. t.) To ornament, as a dish, with something laid about it; as, a dish garnished with parsley.
- (n.) Something added for embellishment; decoration; ornament; also, dress; garments, especially such as are showy or decorated.
- (n.) Something set round or upon a dish as an embellishment. See Garnish, v. t., 2.
- (v. t.) To decorate with ornamental appendages; to set off; to adorn; to embellish.
- (v. t.) To furnish; to supply.
- (v. t.) To warn by garnishment; to give notice to; to garnishee. See Garnishee, v. t.