Gated Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having gates.
• GatDefinition & Meaning in English
- () imp. of Get.
- () of Get
• GateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A large door or passageway in the wall of a city, of an inclosed field or place, or of a grand edifice, etc.; also, the movable structure of timber, metal, etc., by which the passage can be closed.
- (n.) The waste piece of metal cast in the opening; a sprue or sullage piece.
- (n.) The channel or opening through which metal is poured into the mold; the ingate.
- (n.) A door, valve, or other device, for stopping the passage of water through a dam, lock, pipe, etc.
- (n.) The places which command the entrances or access; hence, place of vantage; power; might.
- (v. t.) To punish by requiring to be within the gates at an earlier hour than usual.
- (n.) An opening for passage in any inclosing wall, fence, or barrier; or the suspended framework which closes or opens a passage. Also, figuratively, a means or way of entrance or of exit.
- (n.) A way; a path; a road; a street (as in Highgate).
- (n.) Manner; gait.
- (v. t.) To supply with a gate.
- (n.) In a lock tumbler, the opening for the stump of the bolt to pass through or into.