Genius Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GeniusDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The peculiar structure of mind with whoch each individual is endowed by nature; that disposition or aptitude of mind which is peculiar to each man, and which qualifies him for certain kinds of action or special success in any pursuit; special taste, inclination, or disposition; as, a genius for history, for poetry, or painting.
- (n.) Peculiar character; animating spirit, as of a nation, a religion, a language.
- (n.) A good or evil spirit, or demon, supposed by the ancients to preside over a mans destiny in life; a tutelary deity; a supernatural being; a spirit, good or bad. Cf. Jinnee.
- (n.) A man endowed with uncommon vigor of mind; a man of superior intellectual faculties; as, Shakespeare was a rare genius.
- (n.) Distinguished mental superiority; uncommon intellectual power; especially, superior power of invention or origination of any kind, or of forming new combinations; as, a man of genius.
• GeniusesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Genius