Glossed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GlossedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Gloss
• GlossDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To give a specious appearance to; to render specious and plausible; to palliate by specious explanation.
- (v. t.) To give a superficial luster or gloss to; to make smooth and shining; as, to gloss cloth.
- (n.) A false or specious explanation.
- (n.) Brightness or luster of a body proceeding from a smooth surface; polish; as, the gloss of silk; cloth is calendered to give it a gloss.
- (v. i.) To make comments; to comment; to explain.
- (n.) A foreign, archaic, technical, or other uncommon word requiring explanation.
- (v. i.) To make sly remarks, or insinuations.
- (v. t.) To render clear and evident by comments; to illustrate; to explain; to annotate.
- (n.) A specious appearance; superficial quality or show.
- (n.) An interpretation, consisting of one or more words, interlinear or marginal; an explanatory note or comment; a running commentary.