Glycol Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GlycolDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any one of the large class of diacid alcohols, of which glycol proper is the type.
- (n.) A thick, colorless liquid, C2H4(OH)2, of a sweetish taste, produced artificially from certain ethylene compounds. It is a diacid alcohol, intermediate between ordinary ethyl alcohol and glycerin.
• GlycolylDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A divalent, compound radical, CO.CH2, regarded as the essential radical of glycolic acid, and a large series of related compounds.