Golden Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GoldenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Very precious; highly valuable; excellent; eminently auspicious; as, golden opinions.
- (a.) Made of gold; consisting of gold.
- (a.) Having the color of gold; as, the golden grain.
• Golden-eyeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A duck (Glaucionetta clangula), found in Northern Europe, Asia, and America. The American variety (var. Americana) is larger. Called whistler, garrot, gowdy, pied widgeon, whiteside, curre, and doucker. Barrows golden-eye of America (G. Islandica) is less common.
• Golden-rodDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tall herb (Solidago Virga-aurea), bearing yellow flowers in a graceful elongated cluster. The name is common to all the species of the genus Solidago.