Goring Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GoringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Gore
- (n.) Alt. of Goring cloth
• GoreDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Blood; especially, blood that after effusion has become thick or clotted.
- (n.) Dirt; mud.
- (v.) One of the abatements. It is made of two curved lines, meeting in an acute angle in the fesse point.
- (v. t.) To cut in a traingular form; to piece with a gore; to provide with a gore; as, to gore an apron.
- (v.) A small traingular piece of land.
- (v. t.) To pierce or wound, as with a horn; to penetrate with a pointed instrument, as a spear; to stab.
- (v.) A wedgeshaped or triangular piece of cloth, canvas, etc., sewed into a garment, sail, etc., to give greater width at a particular part.
• Goring clothDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A piece of canvas cut obliquely to widen a sail at the foot.