Grieve Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GrieveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To occasion grief to; to wound the sensibilities of; to make sorrowful; to cause to suffer; to afflict; to hurt; to try.
- (v. t.) To sorrow over; as, to grieve ones fate.
- (n.) Alt. of Greeve
- (v. i.) To feel grief; to be in pain of mind on account of an evil; to sorrow; to mourn; -- often followed by at, for, or over.
• GrievedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Grieve