Grit Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GritDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To give forth a grating sound, as sand under the feet; to grate; to grind.
- (n.) Sand or gravel; rough, hard particles.
- (n.) Grain, esp. oats or wheat, hulled and coarsely ground; in high milling, fragments of cracked wheat smaller than groats.
- (n.) Firmness of mind; invincible spirit; unyielding courage; fortitude.
- (n.) Structure, as adapted to grind or sharpen; as, a hone of good grit.
- (n.) The coarse part of meal.
- (v. t.) To grind; to rub harshly together; to grate; as, to grit the teeth.
- (n.) A hard, coarse-grained siliceous sandstone; as, millstone grit; -- called also gritrock and gritstone. The name is also applied to a finer sharp-grained sandstone; as, grindstone grit.
• GritstoneDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Grit, n., 4.
• GrithDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Peace; security; agreement.